2 months, 2 weeks agoI just finished making a dark mode that you can switch on and off, but that also follows your preferences first time you come on the website
Okay well, this one is interesting
What’s new (for editors (so me))
- Added Cloning option
- Lets an editor (again… me) clone a post and have most of the fields already filled.
- Extremely useful for Wednesday.
- Just used it to make more Wednesday for the future weeks and bro… took literally a second.
What’s new (for all of us)
- Added again a thing I added a really long time ago, but that proved itself broken really fast… because of me being dumb, lemme explain.
Lil story and some code
A Long time ago, see post here, I added something allowing me to give the same title to two posts and both would have a different slug at creation.
The code for it was this:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
So there’s one considerable problem with this code, it doesn’t test if the post already has a slug… so if I were to edit the post, it’d just recreate the slug… ultimately adding a 2, then a 3, etc.
That was obviously not the point… I wanted it to check at the CREATION of a post (not at the update) if the post had a slug, if not, it’d create one.
So how did I fix it? Well again… I removed it all this time because I thought it was a MUCH more difficult thing to fix…
Here’s the fix:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
The difference? this line:
if not self.slug:
Basically it will do all the thing below ONLY if the post doesn’t have a slug, else it’ll just not care about it.
I was dumb…
A few weeks ago I understood the problem, but let it slide for a while because I was kinda lazy to fix it.
- Fixed some bugs, mostly files named wrongly and I was always too lazy to name them correctly, so I kept them like that for literally months.
- And same for some code at different places.
Just before the conclusion a cool thing
- Yesterday I took way too much time adding a song in More song lyrics post, so go check it out.
- The reason why it took time is because there’s no lyrics for it online as it’s a mashup, takes too much effort, so nobody does it, but it’s probably my most listened song of the year, and I wanted to do it.
Well hope you had fun reading all this (it’s better than a big book isn’t it?)
And hf in your life.
Till next time.
Please Log in to leave a comment.
No comments yet.